The KSBA Educational Foundation advances the strategic position of school boards through the funding of association support, services and professional training. Better board teams mean better public schools.
Through partnerships with Kentucky’s public school districts, friends of education and other organizations, the KSBA Educational Foundation seeks to fulfill its priorities of:
School safety programming
Student support services
Professional training opportunities for school board teams
For more information on how the KSBA Educational Foundation supports public school boards and the districts they serve, refer to the Initiatives page.
The Kentucky School Boards Educational Foundation, Inc. is governed by a nine-member board of directors appointed by the president of the Kentucky School Boards Association (KSBA). Current foundation board members are:
- Steve Becker – Danville Independent Board of Education, former member of KSBA Board of Directors
- Joe Brothers – former Elizabethtown Independent Board of Education; former KSBA president; former chair of Kentucky Board of Education
- Becky Burgett – Gallatin County Board of Education
- Peggy Sue Downs – Marion County Board of Education
- Linda Duncan – Jefferson County Board of Education
- Allen Kennedy – Hancock County Board of Education and former KSBA president
- Davonna Page – Russellville Independent Board of Education and KSBA President-elect
- Kerri Schelling (ex-officio) – KSBA Executive Director
- David Turner, Chair – Walton-Verona Independent Board of Education
- Carl Wicklund – Kenton County Board of Education
The KSBA Educational Foundation, Inc., is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization, a charitable entity associated with the Kentucky School Boards Association (KSBA). Donations to the foundation are tax-deductible.
Contact Josh Shoulta.